February 3, 2009

Prints and Pants: Flea Market Update

Sunday a few friends and I hit up the Punk Rock Flea Market in Philly. It was an Emo-fest filled with original artwork, home made jewelry,  vintage clothing, and drug paraphernalia. While it was hard to navigate the small space (which is usually a concert venue) there were some great finds once you shoveled through the crap and junk.

I also bought a velvet blazer at a boutique in Old City but I'll show that later.

I love the skirts wallpaper print, and the metallic fabric makes it so fun. I can't wait to dress it up and down.
















I'm excited about these jeans. They're perfect 
distressed levi's that I can't wait to turn into cut off shorts. They'll be great for summer music festiv
als and weekends down the shore.















I'm not sure how I feel about this dress. It was only $6 so I'm not feeling a major commitment. I don't know how if the fit is the best, and the fabric feels so synthetic, but besides that it has a really interesting back. I think accesories could really help this and make it great for graduation parties or dinner in the city.
































I'm really thrilled with this orignal woodblock print. I can't wait to get it framed and hang it in my bedroom. I can hear the trains at night in my bedroom, and I take the train a lot, whether visiting friends in another town, another state, or just gong into Philadelphia for dinner.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Great buys.

Visit me at http://vintage-tea.blogspot.com/

x

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I'm really crazy about your metallic print skirt. I reminds me of a Dolce and Gabbana collection from a couple of seasons ago that used a lot of brocade...I still love that collection.

LJ said...

the skirt is very pretty!
xx-LJ from SOS!

Susana Rodrigues said...

In my honest opinion that dress is FABULOUS! :)
Just wear it girl! You'll look great :)
Kisses
Su