February 21, 2009

BMX BTW FTW


titles are hard...






My dad surprised me yesterday with my birthday gift - a leather jacket! I had asked for one, and after showing him a few pictures, expected we'd go to the mall and I'd pick one out. I was really excited, because no one ever buys me gifts. For the longest time presents have been an opportunity for me to ask for something I wanted but wouldn't necessarily buy for myself, like boots, or a camera, or something kind of expensive. While I've liked everything I've received (I've picked it out of course) it doesn't exactly feel "gifty". Even my grandparents have resorted to giving me money - not the same as someone spending time, thinking of you, figuring you what you might like.

Thats why it was such a great surprise to get a jacket from my dad, a jacket I didn't pick out! The only issue is I can't tell whether or not I like it  because I like it or if I like it because it's a gift. I think I might ask for the receipt so that I can go to the store, check out all the other jackets, and make my mind up for myself. No, that isn't gifty anymore, but this is a big gift and I'd hate to have this expensive jacket that I stop liking.

Also, thank you to captivate me for this lovely award. It means to much to me to get all of this support as a new blog. All of your comments are equally meaningful to me. Thank you so much for anyone who takes time to read my humble little blog.

fabulous1

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That jacket is hot! I love your shirt too :)

All My Love,
Carlita

Francesca Tan said...

I like your plaid shirt and of course your jacket! Well hope you'll see something you'll like even more in the store when you get back there! :)

Anonymous social worker said...

YOU LOOK GREAT, i love leather jackets, but not on me, i t makes me look kind of fat, i mean very fat, and i look like that guy from grese so i feel like i'm wearing a costume

Unknown said...

What a fantastic dad! The leather jacket looks very tough-chic.

AliceSeagull said...

uuu amazing! I like your new leather jacket a lot!

Mónica said...

congrats on the award!! and lovely shirt!

Anonymous said...

i think the jacket looks hot! but it's always nice to be sure it's the perfect one. i love the pairing with the plaid too. getting gifts is so fun!
xx
chloe

Danielle said...

Great jacket!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great about the jacket!

Baybay Mama said...

What a great gift from your father! Beautiful jacket.

Penny said...

what a wonderful surprise! i love it when people give you gifts and it is exactly what you wanted.

FASHION CHALET said...

Thank you<3

I love the blue plaid with the leather jacket!! xx

chic =]

Anonymous said...

i love this jacket han!

and it looks super cute on you

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

You look fantastic in plaid!

Lizz - oh so glam said...

Thanks for the comment :)
That leather jacket is awesome, you look great in it!
xoxo