February 25, 2009

American Girl

Today sucked. I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, 40 minutes late, and had to get ready in about 10 minutes. I didn't have time to put makeup on, and my outfit was a mess. At times I find the monotony of a school uniform kind of depressing, but I mitigate that with my personal style. Today I just didn't have time to pick out an outfit and somehow ended up in a khaki kilt with a purple t shirt under a navy polo topped off with a long burgundy cardigan and my grey uggs. Not a great look.

By the end of the day I felt a little better and it was almost warm out when I left school. I can't wait for summer, filled with cotton dresses, outdoor music festivals, and days by the pool. To fill in this fantasy I've been doing a lot of online browsing. While flipping through various sights spring lines I was surprised to see all the new clothes at American Eagle. They must have gotten a new fashion director or something because the clothes are surprisingly trendy and cute!

Here are some of the pieces I'm impressed by:

click for Larger View click for Larger View 
click for Larger View click for Larger View 
click for Larger View click for Larger View

20 comments:

Baybay Mama said...

I can't wait for warm weather, shorts, tanks....

Anonymous said...

Glad the day got better later on--I hate it when I wake up so rushed like that! Can't wait for the warm weather either :-) Love that one shoulder ruffle dress!!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

AE certainly seems to be improving.

Amelia said...

I think AE has some relatively cute clothes just about every season. You just have to get around the graphic tees and bare-it-all tanks. I love the skirt.

Unknown said...

All your picks are great! The asymmetrical dress especially.

Hemaly said...

The blue dress reminds me of those Alexander Wang t-shirts!

AliceSeagull said...

I know how you feel. My day was pretty bad too - firstl because of failing on a driving test, and secondly - i was late too.
And I also have no time to post some outfit due to hurry :D

Unknown said...

thanks so much for leaving me such a sweet comment!!

I hate days like that too. And they seem to be happening more and more frequently for me :(

I really like that skirt, I might have to check it out! xx

Lexie said...

i love that button front skirt!

paanie said...

my fav is the cranberry one shoulder dress and the grey button down skirt.

yiqin; said...

They are really good now!

Emz said...

I blogged about the cranberry one shoulder dress too! I actually saw it in the store and used everything in me to resist buying it because its just too cold to wear for at least another 2-3 months!

Anonymous social worker said...

i hate days like that, i wish you better one in the future.
i like that one shoulder dress the most!

Raquel said...

I really like the skirt, very summery!
xx

kadler said...

I've been a long-time (closet) AE fan. There aren't any in Hong Kong (where I live) so I'm only able to indulge when I come back to the states. But I am completely in love with those shorts. I think you've inspired me to take a trip to the mall today.

Jane said...

Oh i love the shorts and the 1st dress. so cute

Come see me at http://vintage-tea.blogspot.com/

x

Fashionology said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fashionology said...

LOVE THE ACID PANTS!!! SO gorgeous!

$ouLphate said...

i love the first two pieces!!

Ace said...

I just did a post about American Eagle as well. You should come check it out!