February 16, 2009

Movies I saw

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend - I know I did. My best friend came to visit yesterday and we had a great time wandering around the city, going in and out of boutiques, eating in yummy restaurants, and catching up.

I also saw two movies this weekend. 

Coroline is another Tim Burton movie, and unlike Corpse Bride I felt this lived up to the hype. It was creepy, imaginative, and beautiful. Me and my mom saw it in 3-D and it really was amazing. As a child I was so fascinated by the 3-D muppet attraction in Disney that I went to see it twice, and well, the gimmick still hasn't been lost on me. Every scene looked like a picture, the creativity behind the whole movie was truly inspiring. 


I also watched Kinky Boots which is the funny and endearing story of a shoe company trying to stay afloat. This movie combined three of my favorite things: shoes, accents, and drag queens. This British import had great emotional balance, with both highs and lows, and had very well developed characters that you truly fell in love with.
 
I might not be the best film critic, but I like movies, and I really enjoyed both of these films.

16 comments:

Lexie said...

i really want to see coraline, but sometimes 3-d movies make me sick to my stomach ... ahhh i'll just have to suck it up!

yiqin; said...

Looks great! I want to watch them too. Love movies.

Anonymous said...

looks good--you know me, if it has anything to do with shoes in the title, i'm all over it. :-)

Annabel Wendt (LoveMore) said...

oh i love movies too!! going to see one tonight in fact - so excited!

thanks for your comment! happy tuesday!

xx love LM

Anonymous said...

Oh! I LOVE Tim Burton films!!! Have you seen Edward Scissor Hands? If you haven't, you should :).

All My Love,
Carlita

Theresa said...

I haven't watched any of these movies yet but maybe I will now :) thanks for the advice

we wear things said...

ooh i've heard rave reviews for coraline! can't wait to see it

Baybay Mama said...

I want to see this movie so badly!
I really do.
I must see it now.

Anonymous said...

p.s check my site out for your award darling!

Penny said...

kinky boots looks funny! today i watched sabrina, looove that movie :)

Angela said...

i have heard wonderful things about coraline. can't wait to see it.

Couture Carrie said...

Oh Kinky Boots is so great!

xoxox,
CC

Mónica said...

I haven't seen them! but I'll

VanessasRunway said...

I've heard such great things about Coroline - I think I'll check it out! ;)

Anonymous said...

thanks for passing those recommendations along! i definitely want to see coraline, but it's not in 3D in my area :(
xx
chloe

kaitlyn said...

oh my god, i finally have someone to talk about kinky boots with!!! hahaha. i don't know why i'm so obsessed with that movie. and CORALINE WAS AMAZING. AMAAAAAZINNNNGGG. the 3d was so sick. i went out and bought the novel after i saw it. i want to watch it eight more times. lol.