Today after school I made kugel for "Multi Cultural Night" at school. Everyone has been invited to make food from their cultures, and for $10 there's all you can eat plus a movie! All the money raised will go to the American Cancer Society. Such a great cause!
Seriously I spent over 40 minutes creating Kugel - my favorite Jewish dish. It's my first try at making it and I hope it turns out alright. We didn't have enough sour cream so I added more cottage cheese...
For anyone who doesn't know Kugel (and I feel really bad for you if you don't) it's a sweet noodle casserole.
Here's the recipe:
1 lb noodles
2 cups milk
12 oz cottage cheese
1 bar soft cream cheese
1 pt. sour cream
1 cup sugar
graham cracker crumbs
- Cook noodles
- beat eggs separately, add 1 tsp vanilla to eggs
- mix all other ingredients in with eegs and vanilla
- combine noodles and mix
- melt butter in casserole dish
- pour mixture into pan - top with graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours in an oven pre-heated to 350˙F
derss: target; belt: h&m