February 28, 2009

Oh the places you'll go...

It's very hard for me to take outfit pictures between my drab school uniform and my lack of camera, so instead I've decided to share some pics from last summer. After an opne mic night at my school where a bunch of my friends sang and played instruments we went to a hookah place to hang out and of course smoke hookah. Hookah always reminds me of the summer I spent in Israel, so I thought now would be a nice time to share some pictures.

 
 
   

It was such an amazing experience. The entire country is beautiful and far more than one would expect. It is nothing like the news depicts it, and the most important thing I learnt that despite what one hears on the television, the entire Israel population does not feel one way about anything. I went to Isreal with a teen group which was great, and we were also joined by Israeli councilors and two Israeli teens. I was surprised to hear Israelis argue about everything from the Gay Pride parades in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem to the appropriate response to the Israel/Palestine conflict. I think the most important thing while traveling is to talk to people who actually live in these countries, and learn not only what the country is by means of museums and landmarks, but also its personality.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great post! And definitely the things you write are so true.

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

it looks amazing, absolutely agreeing with you too, media sometimes so twists the truth, like China, i go there every couple of years to see some extended family and it's nothing like what the media is saying

Gracie said...

that green skirt and belt are just lovely together!

kadler said...

Looks like an awesome trip - love that peace flower!

Baybay Mama said...

Wow, sounds like an amazing time.
You are so adorable!

thoeythoey said...

it makes me sad always hearing about the conflict in the news. there´s no day u not hearing about it.

like green skirt btw...=]

DaisyChain said...

Beautiful pictues,

thanks for the sweet comment.

Flashes of Style said...

love your skirt! These photos are so pretty.

Unknown said...

I love the green skirt, very cute!!!

xoxo
Stephanie
www.modernantoinette.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

nice one, i just added up lots of fresh emo backgrounds at my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Anonymous said...

How r u? your website is cute
Check at that cool emo song:
http://tinyurl.com/9zdns5