February 9, 2009

Sort of like Gossip Girl...


So, in honor of Monday which is officially GOSSIP GIRL DAY in my book, this is a uniform related post -- because who doesn't love GG's prep school style?

I am happily more than half way through my senior year! In a few months I will be rid of this uniform, but in the mean time I have tried to manipulate the color restrictions and polo requirements to produce semi fashionable, individual outfits. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way one of those people who needs clothing to define themselves, I'm still as much me in a plaid skirt and oxford as I am in any other outfit, but I do get sort of depressed, occasionally, by the monotony of grey, black, navy, white, khaki, and red required by my school.

This is an outfit I wear often to school, sometimes the polo is red or the socks are pink or the sweater is burgundy, but this is pretty much its original form. I wouldn't wear heels to school but the black mary-janes feel very school girl like to me. Maybe I would wear them in a TV show version of my life...


sweater: BCBG Outlet; polo: an old summer job; skirt: urban outfitters; socks: ??; shoes: Neiman Marcus Outlet

11 comments:

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

adorable outfit =]. i love the concept behind your blog's name!

xoxo,
La C.

corrie said...

Cute! The only part of Mondays I look forward to is Gossip Girl. It's on in five minutes!

WendyB said...

I wish I were still a cute young thang, able to wear over-the-knee socks!

Lexie said...

i love those over the knee socks!

kim said...

that's so cute!

your so lucky you can even change your uniform
mine is really strict...
even worst on monday we have a middle years uniform where we have to wear the most unflattering utility pants

-- said...

sooooo pretty!! xxxx

Ella Gregory said...

Cute look. In the UK wednesday is GG day ha ha.

Mónica said...

i love the tights!

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

thanks, darling!

xoxo

PUNKIE said...

nice outfit! love this!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, this look is adorable (and chic)!! I love those over the knee socks and that skirt :-)