July 14, 2009

summer in the city

(l) dress: AA, sweater: borrowed from friend, shoes: UO (r) tank: madewell, skirt: UO, necklace: (flea market find) Alex & Chloe, bag: Zara

Sunday was as busy as my summer has been lazy. I woke up around 8 in order to get ready to go to a Punk Rock Flea Market at the Starlight Ballroom Philly thrown by R5 productions (a show promotion agency in Philly). It was day two of the flea market so the pickings might not have been as good as they were on saturday but I still managed to pick up a perfect floral polyester romper for $10 and a book on baby endangered animals. My other great find was also a acrylic necklace that I thought looked very familiar. After doing some research I realized it was in fact an Alex & Chloe necklace (featured in both outfits above)! And I only paid $5 for it. Then me and my friends headed over to Buffalo Exchange where I was able to sell some of my old clothes.

After returning home I changed out of my sweaty clothes and went to dinner with my dad, girlfriend, and girlfriends daughter which went alright. Then around 9:15 I met some friends at a hookah lounge for a little going away party for my friend Sarah who is going to be a camp councilor for the next few weeks. Finally I got home around 1 and just collapsed.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I know I did.

13 comments:

Aline said...

you look adorable!

I want to go to a punk rock flea market!!!!

Unknown said...

Love your necklace, it's gorgeous! So jealous that it was only 5 dollars. x

C said...

Great necklace! And I really like the red skirt!

http://betweenlaundrydays.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Both outfits are stylish and carefree for summertime, love 'em!

Great find at the flea market! Half the fun is the search.

jane st. clair said...

love these outfits. i had no idea a punk rock flea market even existed! that's so cool!
xo!

AsianCajuns said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a weekend. Love the two outfits.

Samantha said...

classic looks, that necklace is truely amazing!

The Biche said...

You look great!

Tessies Hearts said...

love them shoes, look similar to a pair my dog just munched, grrr

nicola xx

nicolaticolaponders.blogspot.com

[LA] said...

LOVE THE RED ONE!


Your previous outfit is perfect! blue plus yellow! WOW!

LOVE YOU IN COLOUR!







lainarollercoaster.blogspot.com

Monica said...

Sounds like a good day. I love that it was called a punk rock flea market.

Samantha said...

of course lady!

Flavia M. from FRINGE INDIE MAGAZINE said...

Day & Night love them both, the red skirt is gorgeous.